Pet Therapy/Humane Education
Members At Large
Effective June 12, 2009
This Policy is to describe the type of information we gather about you, with whom the information may be shared, and the safeguards used to protect it.
Who Will Abide by This Policy
The PAWS Board Members, the Volunteer Coordinator, and/ or volunteers assigned to a particular duty may enter your personal information into logs, files, and/or spreadsheets either on paper or electronically.
Only those authorized Board members and volunteers may access your information.
Our Pledge Regarding Personal Information
We (official PAWS representatives) understand that personal information is private. We create records of contact with you and services rendered or received. We need this record to provide a continued relationship with members, volunteers, donors, sponsors, and those that request spay/neuter assistance. This policy will tell you about the ways in which we may use and disclose information about you.
We pledge to:
- Keep information that identifies you private
- Make this Policy public either in writing or posted on PAWS websites.
- Follow the terms of the Policy
- Never sell, share, or compromise personal information
Types of Stored Information
Your name, physical address, phone number, email address, financial information, and/or contributions may be stored in various locations, on paper or electronically, by persons responsible for maintaining certain records.
Storage and Usage
Those responsible for maintaining files of information and communicating will pledge to maintain computer security by the latest security precautions available. Printed information will be secured away from public areas and shredded if no longer needed. Phone conversations will not be held in public areas when sensitive information must be exchanged. Contact with you will be done by your preferred means when possible. Urgent communications may be necessary for more expedient results. At that time, all efforts will be made to secure your private information.
The following describes different reasons, but is not limited to, how we may use and disclose your information.
For approved fundraising purposes, mail and/or email requests may be sent to the address you provide.
- We may send requested PAWS materials to you by mail or email.
- We may send organizational updates by mail, email, or voice.
- Organize shelter animal transport by sharing your email or phone number with connecting transports.
- Communicate progress of animals in foster care with foster homes by email or phone, which may also include sharing information, in part or whole, with veterinary care providers.
- To verify volunteer scheduling by email or phone, the Coordinator may need to contact volunteers.
- To verify, authorize, or schedule spay/neuter procedures, authorized volunteers will have access to information to accomplish these duties. This information, in part or whole, may or may not be shared with the veterinarian care provider.
For continuity purposes, we may share only the appropriate information so that all parties can communicate effectively.
Right to Request Restrictions
You have the right to restrict or limit the information we use or disclose. To request restrictions, you must make your request in writing or email. The address is P O Box 15432 Monroe, LA 71207-5432, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, you must tell us
- what information you want to limit
- whether you want to limit our use, disclosure, or both, and
- to whom you want the limits to apply.
Right to Amend
If you feel the personal information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend the information. You have the right to request an amendment for as long as your information is kept. To request an amendment, your request may be made in writing and mailed to:
PO Box 15432 Monroe, LA 71207-5432. Amendments may be submitted by email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Request Confidential Communications
You have the right to request that we communicate with you regarding PAWS matters in certain ways or certain locations. As examples, communication can be requested at home and not at work or by land phone and not by cell phone.
Right to a Paper Copy
You have the right to a paper copy of this Policy. Even if you agreed to receive this notice electronically, you are still entitled to a paper copy. You may obtain a copy of this Policy by calling
318 397 0007 or by emailing email@example.com.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with PAWS of NE Louisiana. To file a complaint, write a description of the information you feel was used incorrectly or inappropriately and mail to PAWS of NE Louisiana PO Box 15432 Monroe, LA 71207-5432.
Changes to This Notice
We reserve the right to change this Policy. We reserve the right to make the revised or changed notice effective for information we have already collected about you as well as any future information we receive. We will post a copy of the most current notice on the websites, which will contain the effective date.